As many of you might know, the BitTitan SaaS has multiple instances across the globe, such as:
If you’re using the BitTitan SDK, to automate most, if not all of your project tasks, keep in mind the following:
- By default, the BitTitan SDK connects to the global instance
- There is no specific version of the SDK to connect to a different instance
- There are 2 cmdlets that allow you to connect to the German instance:
- Set-BT_Environment -Environment Germany
- Set-MW_Environment -Environment Germany
- You need to run the cmdlets above before you create the BitTitan PowerShell ticket
The BitTitan SDK interacts with both our MSPC platform – for tasks such as managing customers, endpoints, DeploymentPro, etc – and with our MigrationWiz platform, to manage your migration projects among many other things. Depending on the platform you want to interact with, you’ll need to run one of the commands above, or both. The “BT” commands applies to MSPC and the “MW” command applies to MigrationWiz.
See below the sample code screenshot.
On a side note, if you’re wondering what a BitTitan PowerShell ticket is (mentioned multiple times in this blog post), all of the BitTitan cmdlets are backed by a ticket, that determines which environment we’re connecting into (MSPC or MigrationWiz), which workgroup/account and has the credentials to access it.
For much more information on how to code with the BitTitan SDK, go here or ping me an email via the blog contact form.